Friday, November 20, 2009

The Holidays (part 1)...

...ah, the holidays! First up is the national day of gluttony commonly known in the United States as Thanksgiving.

With my family, the traditional meal used to consist of roasted turkey breast, (country) ham, collard greens, macaroni-and-cheese, cranberry sauce, stuffing/dressing - with and without oysters, cornbread (what was left over in making the stuffing), sweet potatoes/yams, and some type of dessert [make mine chocolate :-)]. In 2007, I cooked a turducken (yes, they exist up here...just go to HarrisTeeter) in place of a turkey. Other times, we have had deep-fried turkey.

But with my brother in ill health for the last three years, with my mother becoming more picky about what she eats as she gets older (and after her gall-bladder surgery nearly two years ago), and with me being on the Zone, I am forced to re-evaluate on what I do want to eat on Thanksgiving day. I know that my dinner will be less complex than the menu mentioned in the previous paragraph. Hopefully, there will be a CrossFit session on that day (I've done them in the past and enjoyed the grueling workout and camaraderie with my CrossFit DC family) so that what ever I eat that day I will process it quickly.

I'm still in decision mode.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment